Help! registration of a 2cv in Norway

Startet av ententom, torsdag 28 mai 2009 @ 17:17:56

« forrige - neste »

ententom

Hi, a friend of mine got a 2cv.  It passed today the technical approvement near frederikstad. No problems.
It is a german 2cv from 1986 , which was completely restaured by myself. see photos on www.pixum.de/members/ententom --> the white one.

He is not allowed to drive it, they did not want to give him the registration signs ( numbers in front and back of the car)

the need a citroen document for norway with :

-- values of the brake ( i think newtonmeters of the power the wheel is braked with)
-- noise  must be something like   90 DBA when engine is running
-- Co2 ( pollution of the car)

has  anyone such a norwegian document an could copy it?
somebody registered an old 2cv from 1986 ?
normally it must be ok to just bring a copy of the papers of another car...

thanks a lot.

I'll try citroen france, but i don't think the'll help me.
The car came with an international registration to norway, but this registration seemed to be ignored.

Alx

Hi,

Is this a German car? And he wants Norwegian license plates on it?
He will probably have to import the car (into Norway). I am not really familiar with importing cars to Norway, but there might be someone here on the Forum that knows it...

However, you might find some more information at the Norwegian customs webpage: http://toll.no/templates_TAD/Category.aspx?id=68478&epslanguage=EN
hilsen Alexander

http://www.jenseg.net
2022 ëC4 Shine
2011 C4 1.6 e-Hdi EMG Exclusive
1975 Ami Super Berline

Jan Ove Rønning

If the car has passed a TUV test it should be no problems to import and register it in Norway.
A car which is approved in EU is also approved in Norway since Norway is member og EØS.
1959 AZU
1971 AK 400
1976 2CV6 SPOT (Nummer 15 av 30)
1981 John Deere 2040
1984 Honda Nighthawk 700 S
1987 2CV6 Dolly
2010 Subaru Impreza

Poirot

But beware of the Norwegian "biltilsynskontrollør".  (In the old days, also named "bilsakukyndig Tom Gløgg", but don't tell him!)  They want to feel that they - and they alone - know and decide what is legal and what every car-owner has to do.  That is why most of the MOT now is made by normal garages, NOT at the "Biltilsynet".
But regarding this German car; If your friend still has the German registration-papers (and I think he has, 'cause without them, he would probably never managed to get the car approved in the first case), that SHOULD be enough documentation for all the mentioned questions.  And if the local chief doesn't understand that, call the "Statens Vegvesen" and ask for someone in charge!

But why would someone import a 2CV from Germany to Norway...? ???
Bedre med 2CV enn bare èn!

EirikJ

Sitat fra: Poirot på torsdag 28 mai 2009 @ 20:19:27
But why would someone import a 2CV from Germany to Norway...? ???
If someone moves from one country to another, the 2CV comes along of the same reason the wife and the dog comes along. I guess...
Citroënnlig hilsen Eirik

Poirot

Sitat fra: EirikJ på torsdag 28 mai 2009 @ 22:22:35

If someone moves from one country to another, the 2CV comes along of the same reason the wife and the dog comes along. I guess...

But of course!  I was just thinking of money, like any other capitalistic bastard  >:(
But if you choose to emigrate, and to take your wife with you, of course you also bring your 2CV!!!  ;D
Bedre med 2CV enn bare èn!

ententom

Yes the car was with all papers and it was brought to the toll. every tax was paid. i was there 3 weeks ago

Ok i tell him to call the guys at Statens Vegvesen  or to go to a local garage.

thanks a lot.   for you help   

Pål B

Take this in Norwegian, and I ahev sent your friend a e-mail wiht contact details.

Biler produsert før 1996, og som eksporteres ut av Tyskland, må ha et dokument som beskriver de data biltilsynet i dette tilfellet etterspør. Dette kan kjøpes av TUV eller DECRA i tyskland. Oppgi ch. Nr v/forespørsel og dokumentasjonen kommer pr. post.

Sist jeg kjøpte dette kostet dette +/- EUR 100,-

Pål B.

Alx

Sitat fra: Pål B på fredag 29 mai 2009 @ 10:06:02
Biler produsert før 1996, og som eksporteres ut av Tyskland, må ha et dokument som beskriver de data biltilsynet i dette tilfellet etterspør. Dette kan kjøpes av TUV eller DECRA i tyskland. Oppgi ch. Nr v/forespørsel og dokumentasjonen kommer pr. post.

Sist jeg kjøpte dette kostet dette +/- EUR 100,-

Pål B.

Dette var interessant, Pål. Gjelder det kun biler eksportert fra Tyskland, eller er det tilsvarende regler ved eksport fra andre (Europeiske) land også?
hilsen Alexander

http://www.jenseg.net
2022 ëC4 Shine
2011 C4 1.6 e-Hdi EMG Exclusive
1975 Ami Super Berline

dg

The 2cv had a general approval up to 1987 (june, i think) in Norway - and as such shouldn't need another one. But also previous importers of Dyane etc. has experienced that a copy of the general norwegian approval was impossible to obtain from the importers archives. Pål's solution with a tüv document solved the problem.

dg

Pål B

Alx; I prinsippet ja, men prosessen er litt mer krevende for TUV/DECRA hvis bilen ikke tidligere har vært registrert i tyskland.
Og, enda mer krevende hvis med en kombinasjon av ikke tyskprodusert og ikke tidligere registrert i tyskland. Men altså ikke umulig ;)

For oss, som er prisgitt Trafikkstasjonene og deres rigide praksis  :-\, er stort sett løsningen et dokument utsted av TUV eller DECRA - da går det erfaringsmessig greit!!

Pål B.