galvanized frame/ chassis

Startet av don-bski, søndag 28 jun 2009 @ 14:37:20

« forrige - neste »

don-bski

Does any one know if there has been changes where you can import a rebuilt 2Cv that is on a galvanized frame/ chassis ?
Or build one up in Norway on an existing 2CV registered and over 30 years old ?

PerI

I haven't heard of anyone imported a 2cv with galvanized chassis yet. But it should't be that difficult? What the governmental technical inspection will need is the frame number so that has to be stamped in the chassis before technical inspection.

If you're going to replace a chassis on an norwegian registered 2cv, you should write an application to Statens Vegvesen with some documentation. Some has done this before and if you need more information how to do it you can ask for it here.

-Per
(.°\^/°.)
· Per · '71 2cv6 · Flere 2cv, AZU & Ami · '74 GS · Rapido Confort Matic · André Jamet Colibri · C5 I, II, III

Poirot

Sitat fra: pigland på tirsdag 30 jun 2009 @ 16:16:01

If you're going to replace a chassis on an norwegian registered 2cv, you should write an application to Statens Vegvesen with some documentation. Some has done this before and if you need more information how to do it you can ask for it here.

-Per

Or simply do the change and not telling anyone! ;D
"Some has done this before..."    ::)
Bedre med 2CV enn bare èn!

Jurgh

MAYBE "some" people should learn to shut their mouths!  This is, as we all know, totally illegal. 

The process with getting a new chassis on the vehicle is long and tiresome, but not at all impossible!  IF one should be as unfortunate as to for example kill someone in an accident and the investigators find that the chassis has been illegally changed, you will not only have a large fine on your hands, but most possibly also years and years behind bars.

Poirot

Sitat fra: Jurgh på onsdag 01 jul 2009 @ 12:25:17
MAYBE "some" people should learn to shut their mouths!  This is, as we all know, totally illegal. 

The process with getting a new chassis on the vehicle is long and tiresome, but not at all impossible!  IF one should be as unfortunate as to for example kill someone in an accident and the investigators find that the chassis has been illegally changed, you will not only have a large fine on your hands, but most possibly also years and years behind bars.

Nonsense!
This has for years been the "normal procedure" among amateurs as well as in Norwegian Citroen-garages!  Not to mention when people have taken their 2CVs abroad to get them restored...
By all means, allways playing strictly to the rules is allways safest.  And getting a new chassis approved is actually no big deal, it is a staight-forward job, not having to be neither long nor tiresome.  But with the local kings at the "Biltilsynet", you never know... ::)

Jurgh

It might well be that this has been the normal procedure among amateurs for many years.  People can do as they please, but I for one think it is unwise to shout out in an open forum that some people have been known to break the law, and therefore recommend this as a method of doing things.

don-bski

HI thanks for all the replies but want to be sure when it comes in that there is no problem. It is my understanding that on classic cars the that the frame has to be the one from the car when it was built. Must be something in black and white. Thanks  Don

Poirot

Sitat fra: don-bski på søndag 28 jun 2009 @ 14:37:20
Does any one know if there has been changes where you can import a rebuilt 2Cv that is on a galvanized frame/ chassis ?
Or build one up in Norway on an existing 2CV registered and over 30 years old ?

Since this discussion seems to have turned into something YOU never asked about, let me answer that there has been no changes in any regulations regarding importing a rebuilt 2CV.  Whether it has been rebuilt, or whether it has got a galvanized frame, is nothing the Norwegian authorities wants to know!  And for sure, an old 2CV has probably had one or more frame-changes!  But if the frame is no good, I'd advice you to change it BEFORE you import it to Norway!