Introduction - newbie questions

Startet av Joao, tirsdag 26 jul 2016 @ 11:03:27

« forrige - neste »

Joao

Hei!

I apologize for writing in English, but my Norwegian is not good enough yet...
I've been looking for a nice fun car to go on small drives especially in the summer and a 2CV seemed like a good option.
My parents have one back at home (Portugal) and getting parts and maintenance for this car is particularly simple and cheap.

I have some questions for you, 2CV experts, as I could not find much information outside this forum...
2CV's seem to be rare on finn, compared to VW Beetle f.ex., I wonder if that means that it will be harder to get a good support in local workshops?
I live in Trondheim and I've seen a couple of 2CV, but nothing compared to back at home...

Since I never had a car in Norway and my experience with services is that, usually, if it involves manual labour it is very expensive.
So, how much should I expect to spend/invest every year to keep my 2CV living happy?
I have a closed garage, but it is not heated, and if possible would like to drive it occasionally during the winter.
I'm not afraid of getting my hands dirty and fixing small things myself, but garage space and equipment is limited (sanding and painting is totally out of question).

Looking forward to be part of the club,
Joao

PS: If you prefer replying in Norwegian I can read most, and google-translate what I can't. Thank you!

citro1cx

Hi
2cv is a car for enthusiasts in Norway, specially in Trondheim. There are some workshops that repair 2cv , but most enthusiasts making Do their own repaeirs and maintenance. There are few enthusiasts in Trondheim, yes, but only one 2CV club in Norway.

There are annually about 30 2cv sale on finn.no. Many of these are in good condition and typically cost kr 25,000 to kr 40,000 . A 2cv who need Repairs can often be purchased for about kr 5000+

When you are the happy owner of 2cv in Norway,  you must not forget paying tax to the government. annual fee is at this moment kr 3125.

mvh
Roger Hammer, Trondheim
77 2cv6, 85 2cv6

Joao

Hi!
Thanks for your reply.
I'm ok with doing smaller stuff, but I lack the space for big "surgeries". So I'm looking for "ready" cars.

Yes, I'm aware of the vehicle tax, however since most 2CV (or Dyane, which I consider as an option) are older than 30 years, those should pay only 445,- isn't it?
Right now I'm comparing the costs of buying in Norway vs buying in Portugal and importing.

Is there particular things to do during the winter storage if the garage is not heated?
Since the 2CV doesn't have a radiator, water pump, etc, as long as I remove the windshield water is there anything that can freeze...?

citro1cx

Hi
To import a 30 year old car from abroad, do not have to be cheaper than buying one in Norway. Norwegian prices are relatively low in a European context. Of course there are several numbers to choose between in Europe. When importing a 30 year old car to Norway you must be aware of restriction applies to vehicles that are taken in the s.c. "30-year rule" (veteran import) :

For use only by special occasions such. engine historic collections and run, and otherwise occasionally when use is not to unnecessary danger or inconvenience to other traffic. .

It may be also that the insurance company have restrictions on use of the car if you choose the "veteran insurance"My 2CV is fully insured with veteran insurance but, have limitations on the number of kilometers I can run, and it should not be in daily use. I pay annually about kr 900,-.

I cant see a problem storing a 2cv in cold storage during the winter. It must be airy and ventilated, and no moisture. The only thing that freezes should be water in the brakes, and especially the main cylinder. Frost can blow up rubber seals and put brakes out of order. Water also causes rust win the main sylinder and brakecylinders. Replace of liquids often is the beste way to save your brakes in Norway  :). windshield water can be replaced with windscreen washer fluid that can withstand frost.
mvh
Roger Hammer, Trondheim
77 2cv6, 85 2cv6